With summer break coming to an end, make sure to take advantage of the 28 days we have before school starts. With all the new residents moving in on August 12, there’s no excuse to not make some new friends. Don’t worry about being nervous to meet your new roommate(s) — the office will be hosting tons of fun events to help you get to know each other and your neighbors!
- Move-in day is just around the corner! With the hot Texas weather, make sure to stay hydrated! The office will be handing out free water throughout move-in day on August 12, and there will be a Kona Ice truck available for anyone who wants to take a break and cool off.
- With everyone coming back this month, it’s important that all guest vehicles park in the designated areas.
- When visiting the pool, cans and plastic bottles are welcome, but please keep all glass containers and your pets at home.
- Pets must remain on leashes when being walked, and don’t forget to utilize the doggy stations located throughout the property.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from 1–4 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (361) 985-2002 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- During the first week of August, we’ll be changing bedroom and front-door locks, as well as adding some new amenities. Stay tuned to our social media pages and text service for more information.
Make This Your Best Year Yet!
Welcome to a brand-new academic year. You’re off to a great start having chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. Our goal is to give you an amazing experience! We’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked returning residents and Campus Advantage team members for their tips! Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Meet your neighbors. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you.
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join the fun! We’ll have community events for you to join and enjoy all year. Let us know what else you want to see.
We’re passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!
Community Events Calendar
Waffle Wednesday — August 16 from 10 a.m.–noon — Free breakfast anyone? Stop by the clubhouse for some waffles and Starbucks coffee!
Roommate Mixer — August 17 from 7–9 p.m. — Come out and bond with your new roommates at the clubhouse! Enjoy games, a movie, and some free food. Could a Thursday night get any better?
Midtown Meet-Up — August 24 from 5–6:30 p.m. — Do you want some free food? Have questions about the property? Come by the clubhouse for some free food and our Midtown Q&A.
National Just Because Day — August 27 from 1–4 p.m. — The first 12 people to come into the office and mention National Just Because Day will receive a little surprise — just because!
Dog Paw-ty — August 30 from noon–6 p.m. — Bring your furry friend to the office, take a selfie, and grab a doggy bag for some tasty doggy treats! We’ll also have some treats for the pet owners.