Summer classes are just beginning, but the fun is still happening! With summertime finally here, we know it’s time to hit the pool and the beach. Follow our social media for some fun summer ideas and DIY projects. Please join us this month for our many events. There will be plenty of free food as well as awesome Midtown gear!
Please keep pets from going to the bathroom in the hallways. No one wants to walk in dog pee or poo! There are doggy bags provided at several stations outside.
Reminders & Updates
• Office hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from 1–4 p.m.
• Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (361) 985-2002 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
• For any resident/roommate conflict-related issues, grill/pool reservation requests, and/or event idea submissions, please contact our Resident Director, Carley Adamo, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
Community Events Calendar
Jars with a Twist — June 2 from 5–7 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to make your own mason jar! We’ll provide snacks and drinks for your mason jar once it is finished. Space is limited, so RSVP to let us know you’re coming!
Domino’s and Dominoes — June 13 from 7–9 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse for some Domino’s pizza and a dominoes building competition! The group that comes up with the best domino chain will win a Domino’s gift card!
Summer Brunch — June 20 from 10 a.m.–1 p.m. — Who doesn’t love brunch? Swing by the clubhouse to grab a plate a fresh fruit, waffles, and plenty more!
Crayon Melting — June 27 from 5–7 p.m. — Make your very own crayon art! Canvases and crayons will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis!