This month, we’re celebrating the earth with some awesome events! Show off your green thumb with our fun creative Earth Day events — and show off your athletic side with our sand volleyball tournament. Let this be a time to give back to the environment!
- When visiting the pool, cans and plastic bottles are welcome, but please keep all your glass containers and pets at home.
- Pets must remain on leashes when being walked, and don’t forget to utilize the doggy stations located throughout the property.
- When disposing of trash, please make sure to place it in the dumpsters.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from 1–4 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (361) 985-2000 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
Lock Down That Internship with the Right Tools
In the coming months, universities across the nation will be partnering with businesses to fill internships for the summer and fall semesters. Internships are a great way to fast-track your career and gain valuable experience in the field you’re interested in. Landing the perfect internship may not be the easiest journey, but if you’re equipped with the right tools, achieving that dream opportunity is within reach!
In a 2017 article, Forbes stated, “Resumes are the gateway into the interview, and into the job. The importance of a well-constructed resume cannot be overlooked.” When you’re applying for an internship with that dream company, having a killer resume will push you to the top of the list.
By choosing to live at a Campus Advantage community, you already have access to an arsenal of professional success tools. One that could be really useful is the resume critiquing tool in our Career Success Portal. To access the tool, just log on to CareerSuccessPortal.com!
Community Events Calendar
Midtown Cookout — April 7 from 2–4 p.m. — Come hang out at the pool on this hot Saturday while enjoying some yummy hamburgers and hot dogs!
Midtown Breakfast Bar — April 16 from 10:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. — Come enjoy a selection of breakfast items in the clubhouse.
Paint and Plant for Earth Day — April 22 from 2–4 p.m. — Come by the office and either relax and paint or pot a plant in honor of Earth Day!
Sand Volleyball Tournament — April 28 from 1–3 p.m. — Get your volleyball team ready! This month, we’re hosting an old school sand volleyball tournament. All proceeds will go to Relay For Life!