Are you still taking summer classes? Well, summer is coming to an end, but our events aren’t! This month is full of fun events you won’t want to miss! We’re starting the month off with an Ice Cream and Pool Day with free ice cream! Also, stop by the office on your way to or after class to pick up a blueberry muffin or a hot dog in celebration of National Blueberry Muffin Day and National Hot Dog Day. While you’re at it, bring any clothing you no longer want to the office, and we’ll donate it for you!
When visiting the pool, cans and plastic bottles are welcome, but please keep all your glass containers and pets at home.
Pets must remain on leashes when being walked, and don’t forget to utilize the doggy stations located throughout the property.
When disposing of trash, please make sure to place it in the dumpsters.
Are you wanting to host an event at the clubhouse? To schedule, please reach out to us via Twitter or call the leasing office during office hours.
Reminders and Updates
Office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from 1–4 p.m.
Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (361) 985-2000 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Fourth of July Cookout/Pool Party — July 4 from 2–5 p.m. — We’ll be breaking in our new propane grill this Fourth of July! Join us at the pool for a cookout/pool party!
Ice Cream and Pool Day — July 7 from 1:30–3:30 p.m. — The perfect summer combo provided by Midtown! Enjoy a variety ice cream and a dip in the pool to relieve the summer heat!
National Blueberry Muffin Day — July 11 from 10 a.m.–1 p.m. — Love blueberry muffins? Don’t want to make them yourself AND want to celebrate National Blueberry Muffin Day? Then come down to the clubhouse to get yourself a free muffin!
National Hot Dog Day — July 19 from 2–5 p.m. — Come down to the clubhouse to enjoy a fresh hot dog, some chips, and popcorn!
Move-Out Clothing Drive — July 23 from 10 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. — Moving out? Have clothes you no longer want? Don’t trash them, donate them. Bring any old clothes you no longer want to us and we will donate them for you!